Monday 18 April 2016

Our mobile planetarium visit

Welcome back to Cabot for term 5 everyone.

One of the highlights from our first week back was the visit from Immersive Theatres.  They quite literally filled our school hall with an inflatable planetarium.  Every class got the opportunity to experience a session in the dome.  We were guided through the stars and planets in our night sky, before a virtual trip to far off galaxies.

I know children learnt a great deal and thoroughly enjoyed this learning opportunity.  I felt very proud when Mario, the planetarium guide took time to write back to us.  Here are a couple of lines from his email....
"I really enjoyed delivering the programme and found the students to be well behaved, respectful and engaged.  In fact, as I mentioned this morning, I found all the classes to be exceptionally well behaved.  I visit many primary schools and can honestly say I haven't witnessed such a high level of student attention and appreciation for the programme in a very long time."

Well done Cabot pupils - we are proud of you!

Mr Burton








No comments:

Post a Comment