Wednesday 23 April 2014

Welcome Back to Cabot for Term 5

Dear Parents,

Welcome back to the new Term. I hope you were able to enjoy the weather and make the best of the sunshine. You may have noticed the building work has continued. We have entered the joining phase. The new section will soon be attached to the main building. This is causing us some disruption at the moment as the connection is being made through where the staff room and my office used to be. For Term 5 we have had to relocate the staffroom to the Community Room. We will still have PTFA meetings but they will take place in the school hall, or if the weather permits, outside! My temporary office is now by the main entrance gate, however, appointments to see me should still be made through the main school office.

Term 5 is a very important time for our Year 6 pupils. They will soon be taking their SATs. Miss Codling, Mr Ross and Mrs Redwood ran an Easter School through the holidays as additional support to help make sure children are supported as best as they can be.  We were so pleased to see 23 out of our 26 Year 6 pupils attend. I am very grateful to staff and parents in helping make sure pupils are well supported and prepared for their tests.

Many of you have been asking about my visit to Pakistan. I will post some pictures on this blog as soon as possible. But I can share with you now that I found it a fantastic experience and very much enjoyed meeting such friendly and welcoming people.

Best Wishes

Mr Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment